Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review: Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade

Today the hot and humid weather rolled into the DC Metro area. While it probably won't stick around permanently with some cold weather surely to return again before summer, a girl should always be prepared for hair disasters.

Description of the Product

Aveda's Anti-Humectant Pomade is a styling pomade produced to protect hair against frizz and flyaways caused by humidity and other weather anomalies. This is some serious stuff that isn't made for people with a little frizz. We are talking about curly haired, bushy tailed, I-Might-Be-Mistaken-For-A-Wild-Animal kind of frizz. 

Cost: $19.00

Applying the Product

This product is thick so it should be used sparingly. Although the directions say that you can use it before or after styling, I always use it after. In my previous review, I talk about Bumble and Bumble's Straight, which I use when wet. On really hot and humid days I will apply this product after I am finished straightening my hair. Take a little pomade, rub it between your hands, and apply to hair from roots to tip . Do not start at your roots! You will look like you didn't wash your hair. Use as much pomade as you think necessary for how frizzy your hair is, how curly it is, and weather conditions.

Review of the Product

While this product is pretty heavy duty and can weigh down hair, it really works. It is the only thing that will keep my hair straight on a hot and humid (and I mean really humid) day. Besides controlling frizz, it keeps my straight style. I would recommend it to anyone with thick or unruly hair. I would not recommend this product for anyone with fine or limp hair, as it is a heavy pomade rather then a light cream or serum. Although the directions say that it can be used on curly hair I will admit that I have never tried this. On humid days I just give up on wearing my hair curly, and if I do I will put it up. My sister on the other hand does use this to style her curly hair and she likes it. 

Recommend (y/n): Depends. Yes if you have frizzy unruly hair that is affected by the humidity, No if you are looking for light frizz-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment