Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Best Moisturizers For Every Occasion

Why am I an expert on moisturizers? Well let me tell you. Since I was a kid I had eczema, which is an inflammatory skin disease. While everyone's eczema is different, I had these itchy red bumps on my thighs, knees, and elbows. In elementary school most kids assumed I had poison ivy all the time and wouldn't believe me when I told them different. Overall the whole experience was horrible but I mostly grew out of it (which most people do), but it comes back if I don't use the right body wash or moisturize every single day. Therefor, I have tried and tested a lot of moisturizers on the market and I'm going to share my extensive knowledge in a few short reviews!

For every day...

Jergens Naturals Moisturizer



Simply put, I love this stuff because it does what you need it to do for an every day moisturizer. It moisturizes skin for 24 hours (or until your next shower, which I hope is in 24 hours), it isn't too runny or too thick when applying, and it has a light scent that won't interfere with your perfume. I also love it because it's made of 93% naturally derived ingredients and doesn't use parabens. I've talked about parabens before, but they are preservatives used in cosmetic products that are highly linked to certain types of cancer. Sometimes when you are using all-organic or all-natural products they don't perform as well as traditional cosmetic products so this is a nice compromise.

For the all-natural girl....

Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Lotion


All natural and lasts for 24 hours. While I don't think this goes on as smooth as other lotions, it smells nice and moisturizes properly. You can buy it in multiple sizes (small for travel, big if you use it every day). They also sell fragrance-free moisturizers if you don't like this particular smell.

If you want to smell yummy...

The Body Shop Body Butter


Creamy and nicely scented I love this stuff. It's thick and creamy but absorbs quickly and doesn't make you feel sticky. With over 20 scents ranging from Olive to Hemp to Blueberry, you can easily find something for you. Almost all of the scents are so delicious that you want to eat the body butter instead of spreading it on your skin. Unfortunately, it usually runs around $16 a container and it can go quickly. If you want to try out new scents you can usually buy the smaller containers at 2 for $10.

For really dry skin....

Eucerin Original Moisturizing Lotion


Every doctor I've ever seen for my eczema has recommended using Eucerin lotion every day, immediately after I shower. This stuff is super thick but it will repair your skin until you can get it back to normal and can use other daily lotions. Eucerin makes other formulas which may not be as thick, so keep this brand in mind when your skin needs serious repair.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this entry! I also suffer from eczema breakouts, except I'm prone to them on my face. =( But I get super dry skin during the winter everywhere. I might have to try the Eurcerin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you get Eczema, especially on your face. Eucerin does make a face lotion, so you could try that if you are afraid of the regular lotion being too heavy. Maybe since you are in a warmer climate now your Eczema won't be so bad come winter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. RELATIONSHIP +234(815)5425481September 4, 2015 at 9:09 AM

    Dr obodo, I wanted to take a minute to thank you for all of your work and effort. I requested a love spell and received the strengthen our relationship and within 3 days my lover was back and home with me and we are finally talking about marriage and kids! I cannot thank you enough for your spell casting services! I have already recommended two friends to you for help with their love lives!!! also viewer out there here is Dr obodo templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk or quick response +2348155425481 Bless you and Thank you

    ReplyDelete