Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Top Ten Must Have Products for Summer

Summer brings many good things: baseball games, beach vacations, tan skin, and usually a little romance. Unfortunately, summer also brings heat and humidity which can wreck your hair and makeup. I've compiled a list of my top-ten products for the summer. While I use more then these 10 products throughout the summer, I think that these 10 are essential to keeping yourself put together and fresh, even on those triple-digit days.

1) Smashbox Photo-Finish Light Makeup Primer: I know, I know. I talk about this product all the time. But ever since I reviewed it, I haven't gone a day without using it! This stuff is fantastic at keeping your foundation on through heat, humidity, and rain. If you are sporting heavy eye makeup, I would also suggest adding an eye-primer to your routine. But remember, during the summer less is more when it comes to makeup. Your skin is already tan, let your beauty shine through! (as corny as that sounds)

2) Physicians Formula Bronzer: I always have trouble finding the right shade of bronzer because they are usually too dark and orange for me. I need something in the more peachy tones. Physicians Formula has many shades of bronzer that will work for everyone. While bronzer is mostly used to highlight the cheek bones, it is great at smoothing out your skin tone all over your face in the summer.

3) Neutrogena SPF 15 Oil-Free Moisturizer: You cannot go through the summer without protecting your skin from the sun! I use this product year-round because sun damage is the number 1 cause of wrinkles. The moisturizer is light, non-comodegenic, and protects your skin. What more could you ask for?

4) Lancome Artliner: This liquid liner stays on, even through the most humid days. Super easy to apply, it's an essential ingredient to your summer makeup routine.

5) Aveda Anti-Humectant: You can read my earlier review for a full description of this product. But it will keep your hair frizz-free all summer long.

6) Neutrogena Body Oil: With a light sesame scent, this body oil will make your skin look, smell, and feel  irresistible. It gives you a light shine and moisturizes skin. If you are baring any skin in the summer, this body oil is a must-have (Tip: Apply this oil when your skin is still wet from the shower).

7) Covergirl Lashblast Length Water-Resistant Mascara: In the summer you won't want big clumpy lashes, you want your eyes to look fresh yet still noticeable. This mascara won't melt off and it will give you the length and definition you are looking for. Don't use waterproof mascara all the time though, it will make your eyelashes fall out over time (truth!!).

8) Covergirl Outlast Lipstain: I also reviewed this product earlier, but it's a great solution for summer because you won't have to worry about touch ups! Just throw on some chapstick containing sunscreen afterwards and you are ready to go.

9) Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock: Can you tell I love Neutrogena products? This spray sunblock not only protects you from the sun, but it will actually cool your skin off temporarily! Even if you don't want to buy it, you should at least try a cooling mist sometime for the entertainment (Bath and Body Works sells them as well). Neutrogena sunblock is great because it has UVA/UVB protection, but its also non-comodegenic, and it doesn't contain parabens (preservative chemicals found in most cosmetic products that are linked to cancer). Remember to always wear sunblock!

10) Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Cream: For you curly haired-girls this curl cream is a great way to fight frizz. It is light and flexible, as opposed to gels and serums. Your curls will be soft but defined every day.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, I used to use that Neutrogena oil. Thanks for reminding me about it! I'll have to start using it again. =)

    ReplyDelete