Friday, April 1, 2011

My Beauty Blog

     Ah yes, the quest for beauty in the consumer society. I will admit that I am part of the never-ending search for the right product that will make my skin smoother, eyes brighter, and lips fuller. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people who can roll out of bed, brush my hair, slap on some lipgloss, and run out the door. I have difficult hair and I constantly battle with my skin even though I'm way past puberty. Despite all of this, the truth is that when I look good I feel good so most days I attempt to conquer the not-so-perfect aspects of my appearance. With the ease of the internet I have devoted myself to reading reviews of beauty products before investing in them (because, lets admit it, some of our products cost enough to be considered an investment). You wouldn't want to buy a $60 bottle of foundation without hearing from the majority of its users that it is worth it, would you?

     The other day while searching for a makeup primer, which I have never tried before, I came up with the idea to start this blog on all of the beauty products I use, try, and purchase. For some products, mostly cosmetics, I will be posting before and after pictures. Hopefully my friends, and maybe one day the general public, can benefit from the reviews I give to these products. Occasionally I may be commenting on developments and other articles related to "beauty culture" and body image issues. While you won't hear the juicy details of my love life on this blog, you may be able to make a decision on whether or not you really want to buy that Chanel lip gloss.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find a primer? If so, which one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered Smashbox Photo Finish Light. Once it arrives in the mail (hopefully next week before I go to hot and humid Florida) I will be reviewing it on here!

    ReplyDelete