Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: Covergirl Outlast Lipstain

Description of the Product
Covergirl's Outlast Lip Stain, which is part of Covergirl's Outlast Collection, is water-based and easy to apply. This Lip Stain is the lighter version of their other Outlast products, such as the Outlast All Day Lip Color which is meant to last up to 12 hours. The lip stain will last from one hour to a couple of hours, and you can put chap stick or gloss on top of it to add a little shine. 

Applying the Product

This product is easy to apply because it is shaped like a pen or marker. It is kind of like drawing on your lips with a sharpie. This should be the base product on your lips, and will not work if it is applied on top of gloss or lip balm. You can add either clear gloss on top of it after application to increase shine, or use a similar color gloss to increase saturation of the color. 

Note: Avoid using lip stains if you have chapped or dry lips. It will make the problem worse, so get your lips healthy before using this product!

Review of the Product

This stuff is awesome! I use the Everbloom Kiss shade because it's bright pink. Whenever my lips get sunburnt (which isn't good!) they become a great shade of sun-kissed pink, like I was sucking on a cherry popsicle; this lip stain gives the same color to my lips. I just throw on some lip balm afterwards and I'm ready to go. I can't use all day lip stains because of the shape of my lips, but this stain is light enough that it works for me and lasts for 2-3 hours then fades slowly. 


Recommend (y/n): YES

2 comments:

  1. I never really liked Covergirl products but I was in NYC just browsing in a Duane Reade (love their selection) and I came across CoverGirl Lip Perfection lipstick. I bought one in Darling and I love it. It's creamy but matte and doesn't run and bleed all over the place. Definitely my favorite lipstick I have ever bought. You should check the line out, they have kind of funky colors but they are definitely fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion Katie! I will check it out next time I go to Target.

    ReplyDelete