Wednesday, April 6, 2011

You Asked: Bumble and Bumble Straight

You asked for Bumble and Bumble products, which luckily I already use, so this week I will be reviewing Bumble and Bumble Straight.




Description of the Product

Cost: $20-$26

Bumble and Bumble's Straight is a silicone product that is meant to help straighten hair during the blow-out process; it also protects your hair from heat and humidity when your hair is dry. It is light and easily integrated into the hair. You can use this product anytime during your styling process. I started using it at the suggestion of my hair stylist in my hometown (Hershey, PA). I love Bumble and Bumble products so much that if I move to a new area and need to find a salon, I only trust salons that carry Bumble and Bumble.

Using the Product

Silicone can be heavy so you don't need to use much of this product for it to be effective. I have a lot of hair and I use less than a dime amount of product. I run it through my hair, starting at the bottom of my head and working my way up to the top, when my hair is completely wet. Try not to get too much product near your roots either because this can cause oiliness and product build-up. I then wait for my hair to air dry a little (usually 30 minutes) and blow out my hair in layers with a large round brush. Finally, I flat-iron my hair to smooth out any frizz.

Conclusion

Bumble and Bumble's motto for this product is "All you need is this, a blow dryer and a brush for the straightest, sleekest style on the street." While this may be true if you are a professional hairstylist and can blow out hair like it's nobody's business, I still need a little help from my flat iron after blow drying. That being said, I love this product and have used it for years. My hair never feels heavy from the product (unless I accidentally use way too much of it) and it does help straighten my hair. It also protects from humidity as much as possible, but if you have curly hair there is only so much you can do to fight the weather! If you need more help fighting frizz you can try products such as Bumble and Bumble Defrizz or Aveda Brillant Anti-Humectant Pomade, which I will review in the future. Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone who needs help in the straightening department.

Recommend (y/n): Yes, but only if you have wavy/curly hair. Straight locks don't need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment