Monday, April 25, 2011

You Asked: Sally Hansen Salon Effects-Real Nail Polish Strips

I've always been horrible (and I mean horrible) at painting my own nails. I have shaky hands and I'm extremely right-handed, so using my left hand to paint is a disaster. Furthermore, polish never sticks to my nails for long, even when I pay for a manicure. One of you asked me to review this product, so i thought it would be a good opportunity to see if these are a good option for my polish-challenged nails.






Description of the Product


Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips are made of real nail polish and are made to stay on your nails for up to ten days. While they look like stickers, they have to be removed with nail polish remover. They come with detailed and easy to understand instructions. I bought them in Frock Star color. The benefit of these strips....

1) You can look like you've had a manicure without going to the nail salon
2) No dry time! So you don't have to worry about smudges
3) For those of you with shaky hands, you won't have any nail polish to clean off of your skin after applying these strips.

Applying the Product

First you can use the included cuticle stick to push back your cuticles. I would suggest soaking your hands in warm water first to get the best result. Then clean your nails with nail polish remover to remove any excess dirt or oil. Then to actually apply the nails...

1) select the correct size strip for each nail
2) peel off the protective film
3) detach the polish strip from the backing
4) press on to the nail and file off the excess


Review of the Product

I was pleasantly surprised with these nail polish strips! I had no idea how they would work and I hadn't even heard of them until recently. They were a little difficult to apply, but once I got the hang of it the process went a little quicker. I didn't have any problem with the strips tearing. They look good and they have stayed on for 2 days without any chips (seriously, my nails usually chip within 24 hours). The benefit is that I get a smooth line of polish whereas normally I would have a lot to clean up because I'm not good at painting my nails. The designs are also fun and playful without looking cheap. I would say that the downside is that they are a little pricey ($10) so I don't think I will purchase them in a plain color, but I will definitely be buying more of the patterns in the future.

Recommend (y/n): Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment