Friday, April 1, 2011

Review: Pureology Anti-Fade Complex Pure Volume Shampoo

I will give a little background on why I buy salon-brand shampoo as opposed to the Herbel Essences that you can buy at your local CVS. As I stated in my first post, I have difficult hair. Genetically speaking, I should have nice hair; my mother has nice hair. But we all know that DNA is a crapshoot and you get what you're given. My hair is wavy and frizzy, but it's also thin and lacking volume. Thankfully I have a lot of it so it doesn't even look thin. My hair is very deceitful. To clarify, I do not have ethnic hair which is more difficult to deal with than my hair, but for an ango-saxon american I have pretty difficult hair. When your hair is long and not strong, you have to use good products so that it does not sustain more damage than it is already prone to. I started using salon-brand shampoos after high-school. Anyone I know who uses them never goes back to other brands. I justify the cost with the fact that I no longer color my hair anymore and only frequent my overpriced salon for trims (we will talk about expensive haircuts at another time). So, on to the product review!

I bought this shampoo at the recommendation of my last hairstylist. I use Pureology's Hydrating Conditioner, and my hair seemed to be getting too used to my other shampoo, so I thought I would try this. We chose the Pure Volume variety because hydrating shampoos can carry some weight and I hate weighing my hair down. Unfortunately, I've been disappointed with this product. For a volumizing shampoo my hair still feels heavy and almost like the shampoo leaves a residue. The only way I can avoid this is to shampoo my hair twice in the shower. For the record, the shampoo bottle does suggest this but I always think that it's a ploy to use the product faster so you have to purchase it again. While this shampoo may work for others, it's just not right for me.


Recommend (y/n): NO

No comments:

Post a Comment